Thanks for your interest in supporting Give 1 For Dad!
Aside from making a donation yourself, you can best help ensure the success of this campaign by amplifying it through all the channels to which you have access. Here are a few ideas:
- Share this in your social media and tag us when you do! First and foremost, share our posts as they will be specific and contain relevant news about the campaign which keeps the message fresh for your friends. Also, people don’t always act the first time they are asked to do so. Post your stories, too. Be personable and genuine—if this campaign matters to you because your life was, or is being, touched by Prostate Cancer, then tell people that. People like to help those they know.
- Make an inventory of the communication channels to which you might have access. Think about neighborhood email lists, faith community newsletters, social media accounts that willingly share stories such as this in your community.
- Help us help you! If you have a media outlet like a newspaper or news station that wants to do a story about this, then email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll do all we can to help with the story.
- See if businesses you frequent will do a Give 1 For Dad day—we’ll be happy to promote these efforts in our social media to support their generosity, and use them as examples as we talk to news media about our story and campaign. Please email us at email@example.com with any news about efforts like this. Please note that all donations made by anyone should be made through the donate link so the dollars go directly to the Duke Cancer Institute.
- Find out if your company has a donation matching program, and if donations to this campaign would qualify. If so, see if they would share the campaign in any company communications like email blasts, social media, and newsletters.
Lastly, tell us about your innovative ways to get folks to Give 1 For Dad! We’d love to share your efforts with all who are listening.
Thanks again for everything you have done, and are doing.